My 30 day checkin counter says I have 2 days left, but it won't let me update the counter without updating the program. It also won't let me update the program because I guess I have to pay for it every year now. So in 2 days I lose access to the existing softwares because it won't update. What do I do now or is the 30 day counter also becoming obsolete and I'll still have a functioning unit?

CSparke":xb0cbzqa said:
My 30 day checkin counter says I have 2 days left, but it won't let me update the counter without updating the program. It also won't let me update the program because I guess I have to pay for it every year now. So in 2 days I lose access to the existing softwares because it won't update. What do I do now or is the 30 day counter also becoming obsolete and I'll still have a functioning unit?
You can read news? Update software - don`t worry.

CSparke":3o5z0g8h said:
There is nothing to guess and your ideas are incorrect.
As a start when there is new SW & FW versions, timer counter won't reset until device is updated.
So you have to do the update to SW 1.124.2 & FW 1.96 first. Checked your server logs, you are getting prompted to download, most likely you are not complying with Tango installation requirements, especially if download starts and software closes itself after that without relaunching :
Tango Installation guide is on our forum : viewtopic.php?f=13&t=15975
A few things to note:
1. Giving Tango software OS administrator privileges is mandatory on Windows 7/8/10/11
2. Required libraries, which you are most likely missing: Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package both x86 & x64

Regarding the change to subscription, you won't loose access to any of the functions you currently have active.
Read the first post of this topic.

There is nothing to guess and your ideas are incorrect.
As a start when there is new SW & FW versions, timer counter won't reset until device is updated.
So you have to do the update to SW 1.124.2 & FW 1.96 first. Checked your server logs, you are getting prompted to download, most likely you are not complying with Tango installation requirements, especially if download starts and software closes itself after that without relaunching :
Tango Installation guide is on our forum : viewtopic.php?f=13&t=15975
A few things to note:
1. Giving Tango software OS administrator privileges is mandatory on Windows 7/8/10/11
2. Required libraries, which you are most likely missing: Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package both x86 & x64

Regarding the change to subscription, you won't loose access to any of the functions you currently have active.
Read the first post of this topic.[/quote]

This software has been installed and running on three Windows computers, for years on a Windows 7, and months on my Windows 10 32bit and 64bit computers and been updating fine until now so the installation must be good. It is being run as an Administrator also. You are correct in that it gets barely into the download bar, then dumps the program. Also, everytime is says there is a new update available, it never says it 124.2, it says something different each time - sometimes the letter H, sometimes an *, and sometimes a little square. That also doesn't seem right. I will look further into the missing libraries though.

Update: it must have been the missing libraries at least on the Windows 10 32bit computer as I download and installed that file and tried updating again and it all went through. Now makes me wonder how it was working without that file on this computer before, but it was. Oh well. Now to bring my two laptops back inside and see if adding that file will fix those also.

Thank you for your assistance.

CSparke":2l3cvov3 said:
Update: it must have been the missing libraries at least on the Windows 10 32bit computer as I download and installed that file and tried updating again and it all went through. Now makes me wonder how it was working without that file on this computer before, but it was. Oh well. Now to bring my two laptops back inside and see if adding that file will fix those also.

Thank you for your assistance.

A lot of programs use these libraries, some installers change versions, or install new and remove old, etc...
So during such procedures of a 3rd party app the dlls (files/paths/registry entries) can get corrupted, erased, altered.

yurakz":3tog12xd said:
День добрый.
При попытке записать новый 7935 в EWS1 имеем такое сообщение - You're going to write ELMOS transponder to EWS1-2. Are you sure to continue?
Ни разу такого не видел, видимо баг. Рисковать не стал, 7935 нынче дорогие... :? Сделал другим девайсом... :oops:

Спасибо, баг был, исправили в 1.124.3, апдейт доступен для скачивание.

Здравствуйте! Можно спросить, это что за счетчик ? Так и должно быть? Или что то надо мне делать?

Attachments

• 2022-08-13_15-31-28.png
    2022-08-13_15-31-28.png
    919 bytes · Views: 236
Иван":ael3a6vu said:
Здравствуйте! Можно спросить, это что за счетчик ? Так и должно быть? Или что то надо мне делать?
Танго нужно подключат к нашим сервером каждой месец, если счетчик пойдет в минус, то прибор работать не будет пока не подключится.

Это просто выход в интеренет? Или как? Какую кнопку нажимать нужно, по подробней можно объяснить?
Я как новичок по подробней можно объяснить, я этого не знал..

Иван":2gxorp1w said:
Это просто выход в интеренет? Или как? Какую кнопку нажимать нужно, по подробней можно объяснить?
Я как новичок по подробней можно объяснить, я этого не знал..

Help->Updates: 30-Days Counter / Check Updates , обо отрезетят, а когда счетчик к минус, еще при запуск предложит подключится к сервер.

Help->Updates: 30-Day Counter / Check Updates, эти кнопки нажимать надо в конце месяца?

Иван":1gswd6gs said:
Help->Updates: 30-Day Counter / Check Updates, эти кнопки нажимать надо в конце месяца?
Они всегда доступние и отрезетеят счетчик, корочее когда вам удобно, либо когда прибор сам скажет что надо.

Иван":2djx3w4k said:
Если значение счетчика станет меньше 10 дней - танго при запуске само напишет об этом. И при любо удобном случае можно нажать 30 Day Counter и все.

Hello admin,after this new update my device don't work with security again.is always open once click on the tango interface. I lost my password I can no longer lock my tango with password.and no option to re-enter the password.

oladimeji":1jgzmwvh said:
Hello admin,after this new update my device don't work with security again.is always open once click on the tango interface. I lost my password I can no longer lock my tango with password.and no option to re-enter the password.

Password lock has been redundant ever since servers and the online updates went live, so we have planned to axe it for a while and did in current update.
It just doesn't justify the space in MCU it takes and was never advertised as a feature, more like protection for stolen devices when there were no servers.
Ever since the online update launched any Tango will stop work if not connected for 30 days, and if it connects it can be traced and blocked, which is better protection and more chance to track and retrieve it than the password.

Back