Read Flash Recommendations

Abdur

Hello Sirs
Forgive if thread is in wrong place
I have Omega with all adaptors to read flash, problem is my computer with LPT/ printer port dying

, I need a USB solution to read flash IC. What does the forum use?

C'mon guys help me out here, What device are your ll using to read FLASH memory?
Admin, since there is no longer support for omega flash please recommend me a programmer. I mostly need for so44 type memory

Abdur":33ophrd1 said:
C'mon guys help me out here, What device are your ll using to read FLASH memory?
Admin, since there is no longer support for omega flash please recommend me a programmer. I mostly need for so44 type memory

For these Flashes Omega is still pretty much the most reliable solution.
Some semi-decent solutions are available for individual types like Volvo with 28F400, but nothing to recommend really.
So best way is to keep Omega for Flash work only, and try get a second hand old PC or motherboard with LPT port, they are relatively cheap and still can be found in decent condition.

Thank you Admin,

I enjoy using the Omega and nothing compares with it, The issue that I am having is that my adapter So44-dip40/42 is well used and the pads on the adapter are breaking down. I simply cannot source the so44-dip40/42 adapters anywhere. I have checked with my local supplier as well as tek-potato, nothing available anymore this is the main reason for me wanting to upgrade

Hello,

anyone have any links to this adapter for flash, my adapter so44-dip40/42 is damaged now and I cannot seem to locate

Back