passthru error vvdi2

Pa7aK

Hello

I need to change km in skoda johnson control dash. Cant start 1st steo becose barracuda show error about missing file

C:\Program Files (x86)\VVDI2\VVDI2\PassThru J2534VVDI2-PassThru.dll

but file exist.

how fix it?

Same situation for Toyota tech stream

C:\Program Files (x86)\Toyota Diagnostics\Techstream\bin\ComTol32.dll

my techstream works, add file are exist in path

Barracuda, and Tango for that matter, don't communicate with the PassThru adapters directly, calls are made to Windows which then operates the OBD adapter through its driver,
then returns results or error messages to Barracuda/Tango. Library driver files may exist on HDD, but if driver is poorly done and doesn't conform with the OS requirements Windows refuses to load and work with it then returns appropriate error message to our software.

Pa7aK":2o31m95b said:
How fix it?

techstream and vvdi2 works fine on this computer.

That's irrelevant, because these adapters don't interface on proper Windows level.

As I have already written it is all up to the adapter's driver.
Original PassThru adapters, like Tactrix and others don't have such issues.
The error message you get is what Windows reports to Barracuda.exe after driver calls are made.
In short most Chinese OBD adapter manufacturers don't do proper drivers and that's entirely their problem.
Often they are also not signed properly, which triggers Windows UAC system, particularly on Win 7,8,10.
Getting it to work generally requires manual installation of said driver with following registry edits to bypass the UAC.

Start on another computer

Barracuda recognise version, write operation can be done, version supported, but on install barracuda back cant finish operation and show error.

Now dash are dark, car dont start.

how can repair it?

I try on TIS TECHSTREAM VIM cable and also by xhorse mini, and have same problem. I think we had bug in soft.

If install pack is allowed and starts, then fails, it stems from issue with the OBD adapter.
Stage 4 Restores the cluster to initial state.
In current version of Barracuda there are no bugs regarding PassThru functionality.

As a start what is the cluster part number ? Make photo of the label.
Also you are working on the car, or is it already taken out ?

Working on car
Part number 5e0920781, and barracuda detect cluster, show its supported version.
When I try install barracuda pack on half way show error but message error are empty. When I try restore, show access denied.

I used antoher tool and dash wake up, car start normally.

Blank error message on Stage1 means that the PassThru adapter hung/stopped responding to OS calls, thus Windows returns no message to Barracuda.exe,
which leads back to the start of this topic.

Hi
What tool you use to wake up Cluster
Thanks

Pa7aK":f2y2gjxd said:
Working on car
Part number 5e0920781, and barracuda detect cluster, show its supported version.
When I try install barracuda pack on half way show error but message error are empty. When I try restore, show access denied.

I used antoher tool and dash wake up, car start normally.

Back