Omega has passed away...

Bingo

Hi folks!

This goes out especially for Lyubomir, but hope there's any of you that experienced my problems before and may have found a solution to it.

So Omega seems to be totally dead. It stopped working one day. I checked on my adapter, that one might have died also, measured nothing on it. Got a new adapter 9V AC of course.

With the new adapter Omega base board lights up, but there is no communication with it. I have ran all tests, with mostly negative results.

Omega hardware itself is burning hot. Took housing off. The altera Max processor is quite warm, at least much warmer as it usually is and more than I think it should be. There is also a thing there called MC78t05C which as I suspect is a voltage regulator. That one is hot like hell.

I'm attaching images of the board and the tests.

Dear Lyubo, can you please give me a hint, and help me aout, what needs to be done in such cases?

2015_01_29_14_59_58.jpg

2015_01_29_14_55_46.jpg

Hello,
The only thing we could suggest is to send it to us for repair.
It is a very old device and we can't tell what is wrong with it from pics and few tests.
Send us an email at scorpiolk@gmail.com so we can arrange that.

im still using Omega , i love it , my 1 is of the very first batches which were very stable and strong , make sure power unit supply is AC-AC as just AC is still DC as ive just found out.
i bought new power supply last week from Maplins ,it says MULTI VOLTAGE 1000mA adaptor, the guy said it would be ok but light up and nothing reads .
fixed my AC-AC original 1 and works perfect .

az a baj hogy nekem tegnap nemakarta kiolvasni a sztilot 4 szalon... eddig mindig vitte.... nagyon erik mar hogy vegyunk egy orange5-ot....

Dinson":32fw0u8c said:
az a baj hogy nekem tegnap nemakarta kiolvasni a sztilot 4 szalon... eddig mindig vitte.... nagyon erik mar hogy vegyunk egy orange5-ot....

Azzal egy ideje nekem is baszakodik, nem értettem, mi a baj. Most már tudom.
Orange5 úton felém.
:)

squirrelbandy":yuuswo1q said:
im still using Omega , i love it , my 1 is of the very first batches which were very stable and strong , make sure power unit supply is AC-AC as just AC is still DC as ive just found out.
i bought new power supply last week from Maplins ,it says MULTI VOLTAGE 1000mA adaptor, the guy said it would be ok but light up and nothing reads .
fixed my AC-AC original 1 and works perfect .
i love my omega too~!!!

Back