Help fail to write eeprm 2j74y -02f0 fail write

Abdur

Hello

I am trying to clone 2j74y mcu from mercedes ezs. I have succesfully read the original mcu and have saved in s19 format. I Manage to program all flash on new mcu but when I try to program eeprom as soon as we reach the address 02F0 - does not write. What is the cause of this.?

Thank youy for reading my post

Did you find a solution to this, I am having the same issue, From what I have read is that it might be an issue with certain 2J74Y chips.
The ones that I am trying to write to are new.

Any recommendations on a reliable place to purchase them? I can see 908AZ60 on places like Digikey and Element14 but I am unsure weather they are a compatible part or if the 2J74Y mask means anything?

More datasheet reading for me :)

Hello All

Brendan if you check monrom area you will notice that it is fully written. This mcu is not "blank"

The 2j74y that I purchased from Codecard is not completely blank. The monrom area is written. I purchased 4x of these from them and they refused to refund me.Please be careful of them

Funnily enough when I purchased a few years back from them, I remember the first line and a half of monrom area was blank. I managed to program this.

I hope this helps

My understanding of ROM is that its written in manufacturing. Blank or not it wont help you.

Failing to write eeprom can be many things, from eeprom block security to hardware failing.

The datasheet is a good read if you need to sleep.

I ended up getting it sorted with the MCU's that I bought. The problem ended up being me not knowing what I was doing :)
Wrote the eep and all flash sections and it worked.

The problem that I had was I wrote the EEP and Flash1 sections first, writing the Flash section then enabled the MCU security and I didn't change the password from 00, so I couldn't write the rest of the Flash segments.

Hello Brendan
How are you doing mate? I hope you are busy.

Brendan, I have another mercedes w203 with failed 2j74y. I have about 8 spare 2j74y's and I still cannot figure out how to program the eeprom section. Please guide me on these steps.
I am still batttling to figure out how to change the password from 00

Back