Development of Fiat Remote Precoding (Hitag)

Terry Field

Hi Lyubomir
Is there any plans to develop Fiat Remote Precoding with Hitag?

A solution for the following vehicles: Fiat Ducato, Citroën Relay and Peugeot Boxer would be welcome.
Also Fiat Grande Punto, 500, Bravo, Fiorino, Panda etc.

Thank you

These Fiat remotes mostly consist of the "simple" RKE PCF7946 and compatible PCF7947 (works the same but also has XMA pages). It is clear that the transponders (dealer) keys are pretty easy to prepare. Just recover the Hitag2 key from the vehicle, put the Hitag2 key with the Tango in a PCF7936 and use a diagnostic tool to add the transponder key to the car. Recovering the Hitag2 key can be done by reading immo-eeprom or just use something like the handy-baby tool:
http://www.handy-baby.com/

Most Fiat remotes use the default Hitag2 remote protocol as described in the following document (page 70):
http://www.handsontec.com/pdf/Confi_Doc/Imm_Design.pdf

The configuration of the remote frames are defined in the RCF page (Remote data). The first byte defines the transmission speed (bitrate/baudrate) of the communication. The PCF7946/PCF7947 chips have no (433MHz) RF transmitter ASK/FSK integrated (like the PCF7961 has) so it needs an analog front-end. Most other PCF7946 keys out there use slow baudrates (e.g. renault traffic), which you can not use for a Fiat remote (ASK + high baudrate). Even if you know the correct RCF page for a Fiat remote (with baudrate and framing configuration settings), it might be so that you can not use (cheap) alternative and empty keys. However, if you have keys that have a good quality RF front-end (ASK) you might be able to pre-code it with the Hitag2 key and the correct remote configuration, so you can learn it with a diagnostic tool.

Hope this information helps with developing. I would love to see this feature added to the Tango.

you can just use the aftermarket fiat remotes that are readily available from many suppliers so no issues there. I am sure that with a bit of work this will be easily achievable for Scorpio considering TMPro already supports this function with no need for diagnostic learning.

Well I've seen a few after markets remote for Fiat cars that have the RCF = 00 00 00 00. I'm pretty sure those will never work. You first need to find the correct configuration. Do you know this configuration for the different cars, or can you read them out from your after markets remotes. This will help probably in pre-code new (blank) chips to work on fiat cars with the Tango.

What module in TMPro generates these remotes? Anyone knows if it configures only the Hitag2 transponder key or does it change also something in the Remote Pages (RSK/RCF/SYNC)?

when you program the PCF the remote pages are written at this time so it makes no odd whether the config is 0000000, only difference is there are 2x different remotes delphi/marelli and obviously the RCF config is different for these.

Terry Field":2tcuj7oh said:
Hi Lyubomir
Is there any plans to develop Fiat Remote Precoding with Hitag?

Is this in development for future release on Tango or should I get on TMPro?

Thanks

Hi. It's my remote pages from working remote key. I want add sec. remote. Program nev PCF7946 in used remote, but must add all remote data?

Attachments

• tango fiat.JPG
    tango fiat.JPG
    35 KB · Views: 100
Simple question yes/no. Same situation as copying id46 some time ago. Released when everyone got another machine.

Back