How to install Tango

Status
Not open for further replies.

admin

Main software Installation

Tango Setup file link is here: https://www.scorpio-lk.com/downloads-tango.html

System Requirements
For XP, Vista & 7 all Microsoft Service Packs and Security Updates have to be installed.
1GB available storage space
Internet connection

1. Download setup file depending on your OS [Win 7, 8, 10 & 11 or Win XP, Vista]

2. Uninstall previous version
If you have never installed Tango software on your PC with a previously released setup file, skip this step.
If Tango software was previously installed on the PC, default path is “C:/ Program Files /Scorpio-LK/Tango” or “C:/ Program Files (x86) /Scorpio-LK/Tango” , uninstall it through the uninstall executable. To find where Tango software resides, right click on the Tango desktop shortcut icon > Properties > Open File Location.

3. Launch InstallOnline.exe (for Windows 7, 8, 10 & 11) or InstallOnlineXP.exe (for Windows XP & Vista) then follow its on screen instructions and prompts.

After main Tango software is installed, you will be prompted to install the required Microsoft Visual C++ libraries, which will initiate its interface. If you have them installed on your PC, chose either Reinstall or Repair option.

Finally the setup will initiate Tango’s USB driver setup. Make sure that Tango hardware is not yet plugged in the PC and press OK. For Windows OS 7, 8, 10 & 11 this will conclude the setup, after which connect Tango hardware and Tango.exe (or its desktop shortcut) can be started.

If you have Windows OS XP, Vista, after driver installation the driver is only pre-installed. To complete driver installation, plug Tango hardware to USB port and wait the standard Windows dialog appears: “Found new device”. Click the dialog and select “Install automatically”

4. Connect Tango to PC

5. Run Tango.exe, an automatic updates procedure will initiate and prompt you to download the latest software version.
Follow the on-screen interface.
Steps 6 & 7 below are automatic. Don't call any interface functions while they are running. Depending on your Internet connection they can take some time.

6. After latest software version is downloaded, Tango.exe will close and relaunch and initiate firmware update.
If it doesn't relaunch with the new software version you haven't installed the required Visual C++ libraries during Step 3

7. After firmware update is complete, Tango.exe will relaunch and prompt update of the built-in hardware timer.

8. Upon timer reset, restart Tango.exe. This is the final step of the setup. To download any auxiliary files select Help->Updates->Check Updates

Additional Downloads

Note as of version 1.116 most auxiliary downloads are available for automatic download through Tango.exe (Help->Updates->Check Updates).

1.Tango+ Toyota: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=21897

2.DST40: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=11654

3.Latest version of maker help file : viewtopic.php?f=13&t=27537

Notes:

Tango programmer has built-in hardware status function, which provides information regarding the programmer itself based on the status of its two LEDs (red and green) which are located on top of the programmer. The programmer is considered operational when connected to PC for a brief moment lights the Green LED and then almost immediately the Red LED is turned ON, with the green OFF. If both LEDs are on simultaneously ON , or not lit at all then the programmer is physically damaged or opened. In which case you will have to contact the distributor you have acquired your Tango from and arrange with them sending it for repair.

If when connected Tango LEDs indicated that the hardware is properly operational but you still encounter any kind of error then proceed with the following check-list:

I.If you get message "Hardware not detected make sure driver is installed and Tango is displayed in Device Manager under USB tab as Tango RFID with no exclamation marks.

II.If it is marked then driver is not installed and go back to step 4.
Note that Windows 7 and Vista use obsolete driver authentication procedure in their default installation.
These OS require all Microsoft Security Updates and Service Packs in order to work with Tango on them.

III.If driver is ok make sure software is run as administrator and anti-virus software
or other third party software is not blocking Tango.exe

IV.If there is still problem check USB ports/cable. If they are overloaded or the contact provided by the cable is not good Tango will not run. USB port functionality may be altered by OS,BIOS or third party software. Connect Tango directly to PC USB ports. Avoid using USB hubs/Extenders/etc.. to connect Tango. In general they don't provide sufficient power and may cause issues, or computer not detecting Tango at all.

V.If both LEDs are on connect Tango to PC and let is stay connected for a while (15 min up to several hours). This will help if Tango locked itself due to USB malfunction. If this doesn't help and bot LEDs are on Tango is physically damaged

VI.If none of the above solves your problem select in software Help->Test Tango->Start Diagnostic->Save report
which will save a text log file. Then send this file to scorpiolk@gmail.com and a brief explanation of the problem which you have encountered.

Last edited:
Q: I have Setup.EXE of an old version and also I have Tango.EXE of the newest version. How can I put all together?
A: 1. Run Setup.EXE, it will create all necessary directories and files.
2. Replace Tango.EXE in the installation directory with the newest one.

Q: How can I update the help file with pictures?
A: The help file has name maker.chm and is located in the Tango directory (see picure at the 1st message).
Replace it with the newest one.

Q: Where I can download the newest help file with pictures?
A: The maker.chm file is available on our home page: https://scorpio-lk.com/downloads-tango.html
Click button Downloads and find out "Maker.rar" file. File is compressed with WinRAR so you need to have
something software to extract content.

Q: I have downloaded Maker.rar and extracted maker.chm file, but when I try to launch it I get an error message.
A: Place the extracted file to the Tango directory and launch Tango. The file is encrypted, therefore it is necessary decrypt it.
Tango will do it automatically.
Q: I have launched Tango, but the file still is encrypted!
A: You have not connected Tango to USB. Connect it and launch Tango.exe.

Q: Where I can download the newest Driver?
A: The driver is available on our home page: https://scorpio-lk.com/downloads-tango.html
Click button Downloads and find out "TangoDriverV4.rar" file.
File is compressed with WinRAR so you need to have something software to extract content.

Q: I need to install Tango to another PC. How can I do it?
A: Use Setup.EXE of any version, it will create all necessary directories and files on the second PC.
Next, using USB flash memory copy from the Tango Directory of the 1st PC files:
-Tango.exe
-maker.chm
-folder "updates" (this folder is for online updates only and is not important if updates not needed)
and paste to the Tango Directory of the 2nd PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back