omega flash damaged

tunde

hi, admin
please i need all help on this issue.
For a very long time that have been working with my omega flash programmer i noticed that any time i use my omega to write back data on a flash ic my omega end up killing that flash.
i don't understand what is wrong.

if i use my omega flash to read flash mcu especially flash ic from Volvo CEM 28F400, Peugeot ECU AM 29F400 and Renault ecu sirus 32 29f400 and i solder back the ECU or CEM in question still work back, but immediately i try to WRITE back the dump on the flash or another flash whether i erased the flash or not before writing the new data or dump it damages the flash ic.
i have tried it so many times on so many cars and the flash ic always end up damaged.
please admin i need all help and assistance on this. i don't know if there is something am doing wrong.
thanks

Admin please I need response, on this issue. Or any one that uses omega flash programmer.
I noticed that my omega flash kills flash ic when I write back on the flash ic with omega.
Please I need urgent assistance and directive because I have a Volvo s80 Intel 28f400 flash ic I want to write on, I need urgent response from admin or anyone that uses omega flash adapter before I do this job. I thinks my omega kills flash ic when I write back on it.

This is the way I normally use it I will first erase all the content on the ic with omega and then I will write back on it.
Please I need URGENT help on this issue.
Thanks

In order to work with adapter Flash, the Omega base has to be supplied with 9V 1A AC power !
With adapter Flash mounted on Omega base, select any of the Flash, for example 29F400 and then run the test:
Options-> Hardware->Test
What is the result ?

While working with 29F800 and have it mounted on the appropriate adapter the work order is like this :

READID - What is shown ?
Test Insertion - > Result ?
If all is ok on both of these, read and save the file.
Run Compare to make sure all is correct.

After that in order to write new data, the chip first has to be erased, with Erase function.
Depending on FLASH type the jumper on the adapter has to be shortened.
Once erased, run Blank check to make sure all is erase.
Finally load the file you want to write and write it back.

Thanks Admin.
I did just what you said. I mounted Volvo CEM flash Intel 28f400 on omega adapter s044 (DIP 40/42).
And I run the test.
Option - Hardware - Test.
Results
1. Result : Input pins 0 error, Z1, Z2, Z3, ............Z47
2. READID : Intel 28F400BV-B (256Kx 16)
3. Test Insertion : Chip present, but can't tested.
These are my results from the test I made on flash ic 28f400.
Are they ok so that I can go on to read and write on the flash.
PLEASE ITS VERY URGENT
Thanks for your support

Attachments

• IMG_20170706_182014.jpg
    IMG_20170706_182014.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 35
Admin,
Please help. I need urgent response on this issue.
I have posted the result of omega flash.
Please I need your approval to continue.
Please its very urgent.
Thanks

Buy a new programmer if you do not want it to grow in this forum or that the buyer kills you

Thanks a lot Mr Lyubomir, the car now starts and run fine.
thanks to all that contributed.
i used my omega flash programmer and i followed Mr lyubomir instruction and everything works well and perfectly.

Back