Alfa Romeo 159

Hi.

I restart key alfa 159 And read BCM with AVDi prepare key with AVDI fiat Transponder maker. NEW dump with new key back in BCM but key not working.
First key is ok but new key not working.
Plase how to program new key?
Thanks.

Hello
nomal the key was store on BCM and key reader so just change BCM file not work
Tango make the same and not work

best regards

Renew 7341 two keys.

Both keys says OK message from Barracuda, after the renew. And I did use a normal power adapter 12V on this reading renew.

First read and says locked. And I think it said it was 7941.
Renew. I see at the pictures. And the only one which was had the same transponder was the 7341 drawing.
The 7941 drawing has a picture which shows the transponder with a text saying PCF7941. The transponder PCF7341 does not have this text. It is 7107510 instead.

I also tried first to renew with the 7941 option. That did not work. But when choosing 7341 it worked directly.
Try to read if OK with Tango transponder not found.

I Read with CN900mini says 7941 one time blank.

Then start with the second key. I read second key with Tango - says locked

I renew second key. This time I did not solder. Only use needle. Try to read again with Tango. Transponder not found.
Not possible to read with the CN900mini

Frequency works fine, when testing.

Any good explanation for this. I would not dare to call in a customer, when I am not able to read and verify key is OK or not. But if this is normal. Then OK.

Hello
very difficult to read this key
we need to find the good position
I renew 10 and with one tool i arrive to read it very well it was KYDZ PC tool we put the PC directly on the reader
i make you picture
with ta,go difficult to find the good position but wit 4 or 5 test we arrive to find
not arrive to read with Handy Baby
best regards
vincent

I too have strange behaviour of software.

Read key with Tango, identifies key as PCF7941. Looking at pictures in Barracuda documentation, the only difference between two options is print on the chip. The PCF7941 option has PCF7941 printed on it. With my key, does not have PCF7941. So would assume its a PCF7341. The documentation should really highlight how to determine type. Maybe put circle around the print ?

Attempting reset with Barracuda with PCF7941 says unknown chip response.
With PCF7341 says ok, so I assume key is this one. Programming on car later this week so I'll post results.

It would be good if chip identification were consistent across Tango / Barracuda. Also Barracuda documentation should say way to determine different examples.

I attached picture of orientation of PCB to tango to get good read for the guy above having difficulty. The important point is the orientation of the key coil to the tango coil (imagine tango coil around the key hole). The coils need to be in the same plane.

Attachments

• tango key read.jpg
    tango key read.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 4
RFID programmers can't distinguish between 7941 & 7341, it is a principal thing.
This is why there are photos and PCF type specified for the keys in Barracuda.

Ok, now I understand. Maybe if tango say 9x41 when reading this transponder it will be easier to understand.

The photos look identical, its only when you zoom in on the chip print it becomes clear. I was only suggesting you make it easier by putting a circle around the print, so maybe less questions about it for you. But its up to you :)

If you do key by reading bcm & write in bcm won’t work. Has to be programed using pin as it programs to bcm & key reader , however I’m sure remote won’t work as need Tmpro to prepare remote , then use pin to program obd

If you remove key reader ( knightmare ) read that then key starts but via bcm you need to prepare & program obd with pin

I attempted this a few weeks ago. Removed BCM, read 0L01Y. Used key reset with barracuda. Prepared key using Tango, but did not write back to proc. Then attempted to program key using AVDI and processor dump over OBD. Failed, rejected key. Car had one working key, which programmed fine. So I guess pin is correct. Either precoding is wrong or need to write back to proc, or something else. It was a cold day, customer was typical Alfa owner so I gave up and went home. If I tackle it again I'll get the tmpro module and pull the TEG module, on a warm day.

pcf7941 v1 unlocked.jpgHi javieres
i tested tooday in car Alfa 159 4pcs key unlocked via baracuda v1 and v2 same result no can programming try with new version Lonsdor and same try with original ecuscan via pin code result?not working,pin have 100% ok because same pin what have on coding card read me lonsdor,if delete me all key after can add only key what work on car but other key not working me,same result on ecuscan after think problem is in erom+eprom what reseted baracuda or make we some bad?of course try make dealer key and after program key but only original key add,if have somebody info about this keys for Alfa 159 write on board forum,big thnx all

BR asto

Attachments

• pcf7941 v2 unlocked.jpg
    pcf7941 v2 unlocked.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 20
  • chip 7107510 v1 first key.jpg
    chip 7107510 v1 first key.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 18
  • chip 7107510 v1 second key.jpg
    chip 7107510 v1 second key.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 18
  • chp pcf7941 v2 first key.jpg
    chp pcf7941 v2 first key.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 29
You have precoded these first for desired car? Unlocked don't mean that key is ready to programming in Fiat and in some others.

Hi autofan1965
same in Alfa dealer no can add key in car,i try make dealer key and after add in car and not add me,after try without dealer key and same not add me,make via Lonsdor and org key add without problem,but now make platform on table and try tested more experience after write result,big thnx

BR asto

Hi !
I have an alfa 159 key with 7341 ( not 7941) already renewed or replaced, Barracuda can only renew but it's completely Blank. I need to write eeprom and than prepare but can't find eeprom to put in. If I make renew key doesn't send frequency. Can anyone help me ?

Does anyone know how to program key on 159? I tried tango with 2 different keys and it does't work.
Tested with one new china key and one key unlocked with tmpro2 but no joy.
As usual I add key directly to eeprom dump (BCM), write back eeprom file to BCM and tried to learn it with Multiecuscan, but both keys have not been accepted. Original key worked fine after that, but 2 other once not...

Back